Any person facing breast or chest surgery, regardless of age or gender, can and should consider breast reconstruction. Whether you are facing a partial (lumpectomy), single, or double mastectomy, there are reconstructive options available to restore tissue, smooth contour, and more. Breast and chest reconstruction—including aesthetic flat closure—cannot truly restore what was once there, but it can rebuild comfort and confidence by helping patients reclaim their bodies and look toward the future.
Who is breast reconstruction for?
- Is breast reconstruction right for me?
- Can I afford reconstruction?
- I am unhappy with my breast reconstruction
- What do I need to know about pre-op and post-op care?
- What types of reconstruction are available?
- What should I ask my doctor?
- Why do we need to expand the breast reconstruction conversation?
- Who is breast reconstruction for?
“If you find a good doctor, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Don’t give up. If someone gives you an answer that you’re not satisfied with, keep looking.”
Read Peggy’s story